Available TFTs: Updated July 2019
We are expecting some litters of TFTs summer 2019. We ask that you please continue reading down all the way down this page for our adoption information. If everthing on this page sounds good, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about our upcoming litters. You can see who will hopefully be having our litters by Clicking Here!!
We were asked by American Kennel Club (AKC) to write an article about toy fox terriers and our experiences with showing and breeding them... Please CLICK HERE to check out the article!!
Crusher - male
Blue - female
Blaze - female
Delta - male
Maisie - female
Echo - female
Charlie - male
Pictures of Typical DynAsty Puppies...
Our Puppies Leave Home With:
1) At least their first set of vaccines administered by our vet - (We start vaccines between 8-9 weeks) - TFT mommas have small litters and generally wean their puppies later than large breed dogs, so not wanting to interfere with antibodies coming through momma's milk, we wait to vaccinate our babies until after they are completely weaned from their mothers. Our puppies do not leave our home until 10 weeks of age, so they will still have at least their first set of shots prior to leaving us.
How our puppies are placed:
1) We keep a list of people who want to be considered for one of our babies. To be placed on this "to-contact-when-we-have-babies-list" you must fill out our questionnaire (reason for the questionnaire: so that we have more information than just your name and that you want a male pup). Sometimes if our next litter is not yet planned or it is going to be a long way off we will not collect names to contact. Instead will give people an idea of when to contact us back to see if we have a better idea about our next litter or we will recommend another breeder. If you would like to complete our questionnaire, please email us at email@example.com .
2) Once the new puppies have arrived we normally wait a few weeks and then we start contacting people on our lists to see if they might want a pup from this litter, want to wait for a future litter, or if they have already found a pup and would like to be removed from the lists. Being on our lists does not guarantee that we will have a puppy for you. If you place a deposit and we do not have a puppy for you born within 6 months of when you placed your deposit, you can choose to have your deposit refunded or you can continue to wait for another 6 months for a future litter(s).
3) We do try to help match people with the pup that seems to best fit their situation. Whenever possible we try to give people the option to pick which puppy they would like, but this is not always a possibility due to numbers in each litter. Toy breeds generally have small litters, so there are not always multiple males or females to choose from. First priority/first pick is always given to us if we plan to keep any puppies from the litter. Show puppies are also placed first before companion puppies are matched with their new owners. Even though we are a show breeder, there are many litters where we do not place puppies in show homes, so do not be discouraged about inquiring if you are interested in a pet. We often place beautiful, show-quality TFT puppies in companion homes because we know they will be loved, and that's the most important thing to us!!
4) The BIG Question Everyone Asks!! - "If I have placed a deposit or am on your waiting list, when will we know which puppy we will get to bring home?" This is a question on everyone's mind. Puppies don't go to their new homes until 10 weeks. We usually start the puppy-choosing-process around 8 weeks. In general, we have all choices made between 9-10 weeks. Occasionally we have a situation where we are debating between two puppies we may want to keep; it may take us longer than 10 weeks to make that important decision, so we would place the other puppies in the litter and keep those two pups a little longer to decide between them. We have litters so infrequently, and try to keep the puppies that will best be able to continue our lines/goals within the breed, therefore we do not like to rush in making such an important decision. Some of our litters are planned years in in advance and/or cost thousands of dollars to come to be (in stud fees, travel expenses, breeding costs, vet bills, vaccinations, registration fees, health testing, etc). We appreciate your patience in our puppy choosing process. In some litters we may not be planning to keep any of the puppies, and in those cases all puppies will be matched with a home by 9 weeks and ready to leave at 10 weeks of age. An example of this would be if we did a breeding hoping to keep a female, and there were only males in the litter. So, the short answer is you will probably know which puppy you are getting around 9 weeks of age, but as was stated, sometimes it can be earlier or later. We know you are excited to adopt your new little one, but please be patient with us. We want the BEST for our little babies and having them grow up a little bit helps us to see more about their size and personalities before decisions are made. The important thing to understand is that health, temperament and conformation are VERY important to us!! We breed to be able to keep a pup to show and continue our lines, and we usually place the other pups from the litter in companion homes. Even though most all of our puppies could be shown, and are show quality, we do place the majority of our pups as pets in loving homes. We ask that you please be patient with us as we make our decisions about the litter and which pup might be kept and which one(s) will be available for others to adopt.
Fortunately for people looking for a puppy, we are planning multiple litters for 2019, and we will be helping to find homes for two planned litters of puppies owned by a friend of ours. Her TFT girls/ the mommas were bred by us, and we assist her in finding homes for their babies. Between my litters and her litters, hopefully there will be enough puppies are to around!! :-) To see who will be having our next litters please see our Upcoming Litters Page.
If this information all sounds good, please email us for more information about an upcoming litter! My Email is: firstname.lastname@example.org