Female - Adoption Agreement
If you are considering joining our waiting list or adopting a puppy from us, please read the adoption agreement below. If you adopt a puppy from us, we will complete and sign this on adoption day.
This bill of sale evidences the transaction between the buyer and the seller, herein above name for the below captioned animal referred to as dog in the below passage.
Color ________________________ DOB ________________ Dam____________________ Sire____________________
Seller, with this bill of sale, transfers ownership to the buyer for the price of $________ and warrants and represents that this animal is currently free and clear from any known liens, encumbrances, challenges to registration or registrability once sterilization is complete, disease or disorder and is legally saleable according to the laws of the seller’s country and state. By signing this bill of sale I, the Buyer, agrees to abide by the following terms:
1) As of the date of this agreement, the dog is in good health and free from communicable diseases. Buyer agrees to personally inspect the dog and have it evaluated by their veterinarian of choice within 72 hours after obtaining the dog. Any claims must be made within this time period and will be verified by the Seller’s own veterinarian. Buyer is responsible for any costs of transportation to and from the Seller. The breeder has completed all available/appropriate DNA testing for this breed according to the American Toy Fox Terrier Club recommendations, and the breeder has made every effort to breed healthy puppies.
2) Buyer may return the dog for any reason for a partial refund (of $_______), within 3 days of purchase. Injury or sickness (if any) sustained requiring veterinary care after the dog leaves the Seller’s home will be the responsibility of the Buyer. Upon return, the dog has to be quarantined for 2 weeks and vet checked before entering back into the Seller’s home or being able to be adopted back out again. The refund will be paid to the Buyer after the two week quarantine and vet check if all is well with the dog. Injury or sickness (if any) sustained requiring veterinary care after the dog leaves the Seller’s home will be the responsibility of the Buyer and costs(if any) will be taken from the refund.
3) Buyer realizes this dog is being sold as a pet not a show prospect or breeding dog, and is completely satisfied and waives any and all claims regarding the dog’s outward appearance and conformation.
4) If Buyer chooses to sell this dog or otherwise place it, Seller gets the first chance to re-acquire it according to the terms agreed upon by the Buyer and Seller at that time. Buyer agrees to, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES, allow the dog to fall into the hands of a shelter, puppy mill or puppy mill agent.
5) Buyer agrees to maintain this dog in good health, provide routine preventative health care, exercise and provide it with a healthy diet. A proper diet consists of top-quality dog food, supplements, and bones for chewing. Foods NOT to be fed include highly commercialized brands with artificial preservatives.
6) Buyer agrees that this dog is NOT to be left in the backyard or Kennel. This dog is sold with the understanding that it was to go to a carefully selected home and Buyer AVOWED the dog would become a member of the family. This is to assure proper development and maintenance of the temperament for which the dog was bred.
7) This dog is being sold as a pet. This dog is NEVER to be bred. It is to be spayed prior to turning 14 months old. This dog will most likely come in season once before this time, and the Buyer agrees to properly contain the dog during that time so she cannot be accidentally or purposely bred. The AKC registration papers will be provided to the Buyer once the Seller receives written confirmation from the Buyer’s veterinarian stating that the dog has been spayed. Dog is being sold on a “limited” AKC registration.
8) Buyer agrees to keep Seller informed on the dog’s progress throughout its life. Buyer also agrees to allow Seller to use email messages, text messages, or other correspondence and pictures provided by the Buyer on the Seller’s website or Facebook page.
9) Buyer agrees to notify Seller if Buyer has a change of address at any point during the lifetime of the dog, and provide the Seller with the new address.
10) Seller agrees to provide support and information regarding the care of said puppy.
Transaction Dated: _______________